Features and Benefits
- Point-of-use storage
• Can store in small places and components won’t be lost over time
- Rapid Deployment
• Can be deployed in under 5 minutes
- Scalable Design
• Can be sized to fit a wide range of stairwells
- Simple Design
• Few moving parts
Our solutions are built to order for your applicationRequest a Quote
- Product Specs
What is Flex-Gate®?
The Stairwell Flex-Gate® is a high strength dry flood protection closure that can be deployed rapidly for flood mitigation of stairwells. It was originally developed for use in the New York City subway system, but can be used in a wide range of applications.
How it Works
The Stairwell Flex-Gate® functions similarly to a roll-up storefront security door in that it resides in a small container and is pulled across the opening when an event occurs. The flexible cover travels in guides during deployment, and seals against them when challenged with water.
- All components are stored at its point-of-use (no scrambling for parts in an emergency)
- It can be installed in a horizontal or vertical orientation above or in the stairwell
- Small volume container – unobtrusive & low visual impact
- Design is scalable to water levels up to 30ft and deployable in high winds
- Deploy in under 10 minutes by a single person with minimal training and no special equipment
- Manually operated (can be automated)
- Horizontal stairwell (single or multiple lane)
- Vertical stairwell (at bottom of stairs)
- Open tamperproof step and guiderail plates
- Crank cover to closed position using supplied ratchet
- Lock end sealing plate & deploy entrance guard
- Reverse procedure to open system
Our solutions are built to order for your application.
Request a Webinar or Lunch & Learn Presentation
We’ve spent many years studying the science of flood mitigation and the effects flood waters could have on poorly protected infrastructure. In fact, our Certified Floodplain Manager Team is certified to instruct and provide learning credits to Architects, Builders, Certified Floodplain Managers, Code Officials, Engineers, Insurance Agents, Realtors, and Surveyors in many states. Email email@example.com to get started.
Submit Plans to Receive a Floodproofing Layout
Through our team of world-class engineers and Certified Floodplain Managers, we provide infrastructure flood protection solutions to any design or building throughout the world subject to flooding. Submit your plans to firstname.lastname@example.org to get started and receive a complimentary floodproofing layout.