Features and Benefits
- Point-of-Use Storage
• Immediate response & fastest recovery - no lost components
- Rapid Deployment
• A single person can deploy smaller walls in minutes
- Compact Stowage
• Stores in a small container
- Scalable Design
• Can be sized to protect buildings, doorways, power stations, and other infrastructure
- Advanced Materials
• Layered Kevlar® can adapt to uneven ground, have corners, seal against existing facades, and allow for maximum debris impact
Our solutions are built to order for your applicationRequest a Quote
- Product Specs
Specifications, O&M Manual
What is the Side-Deployed Flex-Wall®?
Flex-Wall® is a high strength flexible wall that can be deployed rapidly for flood protection of buildings, equipment, doorways, power stations, and other critical infrastructure. It is constructed from textile based materials and metal posts that reside in a small container and are manually deployed. The Flex-Wall® can be long to surround buildings or short to close-off doorways. The design is scalable to accommodate a range of water heights and layouts.
How it Works
The Flex-Wall® and all its components are stored in a covered trench at the point-of-use. Deployment is achieved by removing the trench container cover, placing the support posts into their holders, and then easily securing the fabric wall to the posts. Smaller walls are easily deployed by a single person.
- All components are stored at its point-of-use (no scrambling for parts in an emergency)
- Small volume container – unobtrusive & low visual impact
- Design is scalable to water levels from Riverine to Hurricane flooding with wave impact
- Deploy/retract small walls in minutes by a single person with minimal training
- Can have doorways in walls that remain open until the last minute
- Can deploy in high winds
- Rugged construction and damping characteristics withstand debris impact
- Can adapt to uneven ground
- Can have corners
- Can seal against existing facades without building modification
- Open tamperproof covers
- Deploy posts if wall is long (lift and place into receivers)
- Raise the flexible wall and hook on posts
- Capture ends of wall and compress gaskets
- Reverse procedure to stow the system
Our solutions are built to order for your application.
Request a Webinar or Lunch & Learn Presentation
We’ve spent many years studying the science of flood mitigation and the effects flood waters could have on poorly protected infrastructure. In fact, our Certified Floodplain Manager Team is certified to instruct and provide learning credits to Architects, Builders, Certified Floodplain Managers, Code Officials, Engineers, Insurance Agents, Realtors, and Surveyors in many states. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Submit Plans to Receive a Floodproofing Layout
Through our team of world-class engineers and Certified Floodplain Managers, we provide infrastructure flood protection solutions to any design or building throughout the world subject to flooding. Submit your plans to email@example.com to get started and receive a complimentary floodproofing layout.