Features and Benefits
- Rapid Deployment
• A single person can deploy the cover in minutes
- Low Installed Profile
• Does not impede or block foot traffic routes
- Simple Operation
• Easily installed and removed
- Scalable Design
• Can be sized to fit a wide range of opening sizes and water challenges with no modifications required to existing openings
Our solutions are built to order for your applicationRequest a Quote
- Product Specs
What is a Flex-Cover®?
The Flex-Cover® is a highly durable fabric and composite cover that can be deployed rapidly for flood protection on ground or other grated openings. It can be tailored to address a range of water depths and opening sizes and has a low profile, non-slip surface that allows its use in foot traffic areas such as on sidewalk subway grates.
How it Works
The lightweight Flex-Cover® is deployed by placing it over the grate and then positioning the cover edges onto the surrounding surface. The grate attachments are then easily installed through cover holes, hooked to the grate and tightened, by hand or drill.
- Lightweight design is 75% less than steel plates for easy transportation & installation
- Conforms to uneven surfaces
- Deploy/retract small walls in minutes by a single person with minimal training
- Seals against the perimeter of the opening
- Dual seals for redundant protection
- Highly visible
- Secured in place with tamperproof screws
- Scalable to any size (individually or via joining)
- Can withstand 10+ft of water
- Place cover over opening
- Place bolts through holes in cover and hook on gratings
- Tighten bolts
- Reverse procedure to remove the system
Our solutions are built to order for your application.
Request a Webinar or Lunch & Learn Presentation
We’ve spent many years studying the science of flood mitigation and the effects flood waters could have on poorly protected infrastructure. In fact, our Certified Floodplain Manager Team is certified to instruct and provide learning credits to Architects, Builders, Certified Floodplain Managers, Code Officials, Engineers, Insurance Agents, Realtors, and Surveyors in many states. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Submit Plans to Receive a Floodproofing Layout
Through our team of world-class engineers and Certified Floodplain Managers, we provide infrastructure flood protection solutions to any design or building throughout the world subject to flooding. Submit your plans to email@example.com to get started and receive a complimentary floodproofing layout.